(FAQ) OLX.ph Rules and Policies Back to FAQ Category List
- Modification History
- General Rules
- System Usage Policies
- Classified Ads Posting Rules
- Feedback Posting Rules
- Community Forum Rules
- Inactive Members (Deactivated)
- Changes to the system
- List of OLX.ph Rules Violations
- How can you report rules violation?
- How can you file a support ticket?
- Didn't find the information you were looking for? Submit a support ticket here.
- Modification History
- March 19, 2014 [Updated our Rules and Policies as OLX.ph]
- May 20, 2013 [Updated our Policy for Duplicate advertisements posting]
- February 18, 2013 [Removed signature usage rules; Added terms governing sharing of data within the same group of companies as Sulit.com.ph]
- December 13, 2011 [Removed Classifieds Ads Rule for Related Keywords/Tags]
- August 1, 2011 [Added new posting policy for Real Estate category]
- February 10, 2011 [Updated Classified Ads Posting rules; new posting policy for cars category; no cross-linking of ads; no ads just to generate traffic; no linking to sites that violates our policies]
- February 3, 2011 [Updated Signature Usage policy; Updated Default Font Size for Member Signature]
- January 18, 2011 [Updated Feedback Posting policy; Added explicit policy about IP Address and location]
- April 12, 2010 [Updated Classified Ads Posting Rules concerning Misleading Ads and Keyword Stuffing]
- March 19, 2010 [Updated Community Forum Rule on All Caps, Textspeak and Camel-case posts]
- February 23, 2010 [Added explanations to existing rules for clarity]
- December 19, 2009 [Updated rules on reactivating an inactive member account]
- September 23, 2009 [Updated rules about SC Rewards and Penalties]
- July 21, 2009 [Updated rules for signature usage]
- January 25, 2009 [Added rule for cases allowing multiple accounts; explicit prohibition for selling SC; explicit prohibition of duplicate ads and copying of ads of other members; explicit permission of ads in signature; explicit permission of topics re-post if existing is already archived; explicit permission for using abbreviation which is not considered as text-speak; and other minor updates]
- January 5, 2009 [Added explicit rule against misleading information including unrelated images]
- December 11, 2008 [Updated rules for signature usage. Add exception for a specific animated banner.]
- December 3, 2008 [Updated rules for signature usage]
- November 12, 2008 [Changed the wordings regarding the rules against arguing moderator-related actions in public]
- August 12, 2008 [Added explicit rule against counterfeit goods]
- June 24, 2008 [Added rule against activities using SC as rewards without permission from Sulit.com.ph]
- June 20, 2008 [Updated community rules about non-sense topics, use of emoticons and successive posts in the forum]
- June 3, 2008 [Added rule for strict prohibition of unsolicited e-mails or spam messages linking to any part of Sulit.com.ph]
- June 1, 2008 [Added rule regarding excessive violence, attack to members and expounded rules on off-topic posts]
- May 16, 2008 [Added rule for feedback posting]
- March 11, 2008 [Added rule for signature usage]
- March 10, 2008 [Added more rules for community forum; added existence of admins and moderators]
- March 1, 2008 [Added rules for community forum]
- February 6, 2008 [Added link to SC Rewards and Penalties]
- January 26, 2008 [Added rules for inactive members]
- October 11, 2007 [Added rules for member signature]
- General Rules OLX Philippines, as a community-based system, aims for a "self-moderated" community wherein members are allowed to moderate their own posts and also help to moderate posts by other members. This way, it will be easier to manage a continually growing community. This is the main reason why 'Report Buttons' are available everywhere. Any member is allowed, and in fact advised, to report anything that they think is in violation of any rules and policies set for OLX Philippines. Although Administrators ("Admins") and Forum Moderators still exist to help moderate the entire community.
Membership in, and/or usage of, OLX Philippines is voluntary. Therefore, any access and/or usage of any services provided by OLX Philippines is an admission that you have read, understood and agreed to all the rules and policies set by OLX Philippines, including any and all amendments, revisions, additions, etc., which OLX Philippines may make from time to time.
OLX Philippines aims to be a family-safe website. In order to uphold this goal, among others, all information to be posted and/or specified within the website must follow the rules set forth below. OLX Philippines reserves the right to suspend the account of members who, in OLX Philippines’ own opinion, violates or tends to violate these rules. Furthermore, OLX Philippines reserves the right to delete any and all posts, advertisements, reply, comment and/or feedback that in its own opinion violates or tends to violate the rules set forth below.
- No adult content or any sexual materials. The term “adult content” and/or “sexual materials” shall include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Nudity meant simply to titillate and has very little aesthetic value;
- Portrayal of sexual activity;
- Images of the male and/or female genitalia, whether it be lewd/explicit or not;
- The average person would find that the dominant theme of the work as a whole appeals to prurient interest and satisfies only the craving for gratuitous sex;
- It depicts in a patently lewd, offensive, or demeaning manner, excretory functions and sexual conduct such as sexual intercourse, masturbation and exhibition of the genitals; and
- Any other material, which in the opinion of OLX Philippines, deemed and/or considered as adult content or sexual in nature.
- No offensive materials depicting excessive violence. The term “excessive violence” shall include, but will not be, limited to, the following:
- Anything that glorifies or glamorizes violence;
- Anything that satisfies the craving for gratuitous violence;
- Anything that contains detailed and/or prolonged images of other kinds of violence;
- Anything that glorifies criminals or condones violence; and
- Any other material, which in the opinion of OLX Philippines, that is offensive in nature and/or depicting excessive violence.
- No foul, offensive or improper language.
- No racist, hateful, inflammatory or flaming comments.
- No reference to any illegal materials and activities.
- Offered services that are prohibited by law will not be allowed.
- Avoid confusing, deceptive and/or misleading information.
- No reference, except for those considered as “fair use” under existing laws, rules and regulations, to materials protected by copyright and/or intellectual property laws without the prior permission from the rightful owner(s). However, materials, items and/or articles which are replicas, counterfeits and/or unauthorized copies of an original shall likewise be prohibited.
- System Usage Policies
- As a member of OLX Philippines, you are responsible for the security of your member account including its username and password. No member is allowed to share his/her username or password with another user. Furthermore, no member or registrant will be allowed and/or permitted to adopt a username which is or may be considered foul, obscene, racist, hateful and/or inflammatory.
- Each user is generally allowed only one (1) active member account.
- Membership in, and usage of, OLX Philippines is absolutely voluntary. Therefore any membership, access and/or usage of any services provided by OLX Philippines is an admission that you have read, understood and agreed to all the rules and policies set by OLX Philippines.
- As a member of OLX Philippines, you will not use the system to violate any governing law (local and/or international). Any reference or promotion of illegal activities is not allowed and strictly prohibited in the system.
- You are responsible for any content that you contribute to the system. The opinions, suggestions, expressions and/or statements expressed by contributing members through their posts submitted to our system are their own and do not represent in any way the views of OLX Philippines. OLX Philippines bears no responsibility whatsoever for any of these contents.
- Respect the privacy of other people. Don't give any personal information of other persons without their permission.
- Sending unsolicited e-mails or posting SPAM with links to any part of OLX Philippines is strictly prohibited.
- OLX Philippines has all the rights to block usage of the system from any member who, in the opinion of OLX Philippines, violates or tends to violate any system rules and policies. OLX Philippines may also cancel and/or amend advertisements, listings and/or posts which, in OLX Philippines' opinion, violates or tends to violate any system rules and policies.
- Classified Ads Posting Rules
- Advertisements must be posted in the correct category. Administrators can delete, amend and/or rearrange any advertisement which, in OLX Philippines' opinion, is not posted in the correct categories.
- Each member is not allowed to have two (2) similar active advertisements. Similar active advertisements is defined as two or more active advertisements that are selling the same product or service, even if these advertisements contain different images and/or text. If your advertisement falls under more than one category, select the best and post your advertisement only in that category.
- Each member is only allowed to post an advertisement similar to his/her previous advertisement if the previous one is already deleted or has already expired. Deleted or expired advertisements can be easily reposted.
- Posting multiple, unrelated items in one (1) advertisement is strictly prohibited.
- For the Cars category:
- Brand new cars: 1 car variant per advertisement
- Used or 2nd hand cars: 1 car per advertisement
- For the Real Estate category:
- For Sale Properties – 1 property type per advertisement
- For Rent Properties – 1 property type per advertisement
- Foreclosed Properties – 1 property type per advertisement
- Do not post any advertisement in the community forum. Keep all advertisement posts in the main website.
- Delete any advertisement that is no longer valid (e.g. sold-out items, jobs filled-in).
- Posting one's own advertisements as response message to other advertisements ("advertisement hijacking") of other members is not allowed and strictly prohibited
- We denounce and prohibit the sale, offering for sale, advertisement or promotion of counterfeit goods which shall include, but not be limited to, replicas and/or unauthorized copies. OLX Philippines holds the member accountable for his/her own ads and posts that tend to, or actually infringes on, any patent, copyright, trade or service mark/name or any other intellectual property right governed under applicable laws.
Intellectual property owners may, and are actually advised by OLX Philippines to, report posts, ads, and/or listings, as the case may be, that have potential, tend to and/or actually violating copyright, patents, trade or service marks and/or any other intellectual property right to OLX Philippines through its e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Misleading information in advertisements is strictly prohibited. Misleading information includes, but are not limited to:
- Incorrect/inaccurate pricing
- Incorrect/inaccurate condition
- Feedback Posting Rules
- Feedback is allowed to be given to any member only after an exchange of goods and/or services has been made. Any feedback given to any member prior to any transaction is considered as a violation and may be taken out, removed and/or erased by OLX Philippines.
- As an exception, a no-rating feedback ("comment-only") may be given related to an agreement for a transaction that was not completely performed ("no signed contracts and/or down payments involved") by the parties. INCOMPLETE OR FAILED TRANSACTIONS BELONG TO THIS CATEGORY.
- Comment-only feedback is displayed on the member's account but does not affect the overall feedback score of the member.
- Only feedback related to the transaction is allowed. Personal comments about the seller or anything similar should only be left as a no-rating or comment-only feedback.
- Only one (1) feedback is allowed per transaction. A transaction involving a number of items is still considered as only one (1), or a single, transaction.
- As an exception, additional feedback is still allowed within the warranty period of the item and/or service. This includes feedback regarding after sales service as agreed upon by the transacting parties.
- Members receiving a feedback can file a dispute, regarding any feedback pertaining to him/her/it, using the Feedback Dispute Resolution process.
- OLX Philippines reserves the right to delete any feedback or comment that, in its own opinion, violates or tends to violate any of the foregoing rules.
- Community Forum Rules
- Read the General Rules and System Usage Policies as posted above. Furthermore, membership in, or usage of services provided by, OLX Philippines is an admission that you have read, understood and agreed to all the rules and policies set forth herein including any and all amendments and/or updates thereto.
- Do not post advertisements in the community forum. Keep all advertisements in the main website. Posting unrelated links of your website is one form of an advertisement.
- Post topics in the correct category.
- Avoid off-topic discussions. Create a separate topic instead. Also avoid posts that will "hijack" the discussion from the original topic. Posts preventing other members to join the discussion must likewise be avoided (e.g. posts that can be understood by some or only a few members).
- Avoid creating a new topic which has already been discussed. Use the search functionality of the forum to check and verify if an existing and/or related topic already exists. Any member can only create a similar topic to an existing one only if that existing topic is already archived.
- Avoid very short and non-sensical posts. Furthermore, avoid excessive use of smilies or emoticons. Smilies or emoticons must not exceed twenty-five percent (25%) of your message post (an emoticon is considered as a word). Therefore, message posts made up of only emoticons are not allowed.
- The following writing styles for the forum title and/or message posts are strictly prohibited as they make forum posts difficult to read:
- Using ALL CAPS or UPPER CASE LETTERS
- Using camel-case text (ThiS Is a sAMplE oF CamEl cASe TeXt)
- Using text speak, text lingo, or SMS language (Ds s @n xmpl 0f TxT l1ng0!)
- Putting s p a c e s, p.e.r.i.o.d.s, or sp3c!@l ch@r@c+ers in between letters
- And using other forms of writing that make forum posts difficult to read
- Use descriptive topic title/subject relevant to the post.
- Avoid non-sensical topics or topics which are not really meant for discussion.
- Posting same messages at different topics multiple times is considered spam and is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, multiple posts in succession in a topic is strictly NOT allowed unless you are quoting responses. If you need to add something in your previous and recent post, edit that post instead.
- Articles copied from other websites must always contain an attribute link to the address of the copied article. Copy/Paste articles from other websites NOT worthy for discussion or constitute copyright infringement are NOT allowed.
- Avoid arguing any moderator-related actions (e.g. closing a topic, moving a topic to a new category, etc.) and penalties given by administrators to reported violations in public. Any disagreement to moderator-related actions must first be addressed to the moderator or administrator concerned privately (via a private message or email). Unresolved issues related to moderation must then be submitted to the administrator (or other administrators) supported by the positions of both sides. However, having an argument or debating, disagreeing, or discussing opposing or differing viewpoints against the PERSONAL opinions, suggestions or idea of moderators and administrators are ALLOWED.
- Avoid adding irrelevant images to forum posts.
- Avoid using languages or dialects other than English or Filipino as a sign of respect to other members who cannot read and understand other languages or dialects.
- Be sensible, polite and use common sense when joining any discussion. Show respect to other members so that they can show respect to you in return. Discussions should be kept within the spirit of fun, cooperation and information dissemination.
- Avoid attacks to any members. Any public attacks whether explicit or implied will not be tolerated.
- Any and all posts on the forum which, in the opinion of OLX Philippines, violates or tends to violate these rules and policies may be removed and the author thereof sanctioned with the appropriate penalty as determined exclusively by OLX Philippines.
- Inactive Members (Deactivated)
All members who have not signed in for the past twelve (12) months will have their account automatically deactivated. Once your account has been deactivated, you will be informed accordingly by the system when you try to sign in again. However, to reactivate your account, you just need to sign in again using your registered username/email and password.
Moreover, the system will deactivate member accounts wherein the corresponding e-mail addresses assigned to the accounts reject or bounce our e-mails due to the following:
- mailbox full;
- e-mail account deactivated;
- e-mail account suspended;
- e-mail domain inaccessible;
- mailserver with technical problems; and
- e-mail requiring verification
Once you have fixed the problem(s) with your e-mail, you can sign in again to re-activate your account.
Furthermore, all members who fail to sign in for six (6) consecutive months will have all their active advertisements automatically archived.
OLX Philippines assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any consequence relating directly or indirectly to any action you take, or fail to make, based on the content, information, services or other materials found in this system. OLX Philippines does not guarantee, and will not be responsible for any damage and/or loss related to the accuracy, completeness and/or timeliness of the contents found in the system.
OLX Philippines may and can include links to external systems in which OLX Philippines has no responsibility of any kind on these systems. The use and/or access of these external systems are completely and solely at your own risk.
OLX PHILIPPINES DISCLAIMS ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THE CONTENT, INFORMATION, SERVICES, AND MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THIS SYSTEM, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. ALL SUCH INFORMATION, SERVICES, AND MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
IN NO EVENT SHALL OLX PHILIPPINES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, BUSINESS, DATA OR PROFITS, LITIGATION AND THE LIKE, WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE MEMBER AND/OR USER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND THE SYSTEM WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED TO YOU IN THE ABSENCE OF SUCH LIMITATIONS.
The member and/or the user agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless OLX Philippines from any liability, loss, claim and expense (including attorneys' fees) related to (i) your violation of this agreement, (ii) your submission of any infringing or illegal content to this system, and (iii) your use of this system.
OLX Philippines respects each individual’s right to personal privacy. We collect and use information through our Apps, strictly in accordance with this Statement. This Statement applies solely to information collected at our Apps.
I. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect information through our Website at several points. The information we collect are dependent on whether you are a visitor (“Visitor”) or a registered member (“Member”).
Information Collected from Visitors
If you are a Visitor, we collect information relating to what service you use and how you use it when you visit our Aps, or when you use any of our services. These information include:
- Log Information;
- Device Information; and
- Other Information.
Taken alone, each piece of information would not readily identify you when you use our services.
Log information includes but is not limited to a) information on how you use our service, such as time or duration of your use; and b) browser cookies, web beacons, flash, and other identifiers. A cookie is a small text file that our Web server places on a user’s computer hard drive as a unique identifier. Cookies enable us to track usage patterns and deliver customized content to users. Our cookies have an expiration date.
Device information includes but is not limited to a) IP address; b) operating system version; c) device settings; d) hardware model; and e) device identifiers. An IP Address is a unique identifier that identifies your computer or device in the Internet. We store the IP address of the computer or device used to access our system.
Information Collected from Members
If you are a Member, in addition to the information mentioned above, we also collect the personal information you provide when you fill up our registration forms and profile update forms, which include the following:
- Mobile Number;
- E-mail address;
- Gender; and
To use our services we require, as minimum, that you provide us with your name, mobile number and e-mail address. Collection of such information is mandatory since our system needs a point of contact with Members. Other than the aforementioned information, you may provide all other information we request at your option.
Information Provided by Members and Visitors
All information, whether required or not, and all information that you voluntarily provide us, which include information you post in the site, are collected and processed by us. Please be advised that all information you post become public knowledge.
II. HOW DO WE SAFEGUARD THE PRIVACY OF CHILDREN?
We do not actively market to children, and we do not knowingly ask for and collect personal information from a child under eighteen (18) years of age (the “child”). Upon learning that a child has provided us with personal information, we judiciously delete the information within a reasonable time. However, except for personal information, other types of information collected in the course of the child’s use of our services may remain in the system. Also, there is no guarantee that the information provided by the child were not used prior to the deletion.
III. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
Providing Services to Our Members and Visitors
The information we collect are used to provide services to you.
For Members, these services include sending e-mails regarding items posted in our system. We also send additional announcements about products, services, special deals and newsletters. The Member may, however, opt not to receive these types of communications.
Also, as part of our service, cookies are used to track usage patterns and deliver customized content to all users.
Transfer to Third Parties
Subject to applicable law, we may share, transfer, and disclose all the information we collect, to the following:
- Companies that form part of the our group of companies (the "Group Companies"), to enable the Group Companies to offer their respective services/products;
- Service Providers that help us provide our services, to the extent needed to perform their duties and their functions;
- Government Authorities, at their request and only when legally required to do so; and
- Purchasers or potential purchasers of our rights and obligations relating to the services we provide. In this case, all information collected are deemed assets that may be transferred to such third parties.
In addition to the foregoing, the information we collect may also be shared, transferred and disclosed, when disclosure is necessary:
- To protect the rights and interests of OLX Philippines, the Group Companies, business partners, customers or third parties, as may be required and permitted by law; and
- To pursue legitimate interests, as may be required or permitted by law.
Images and information uploaded or posted on our Apps may be used to advertise the site in different media, including but not limited to - Above-the-line, Below-the-line, SEM, Social Media advertising. In addition, these information may be used for the conduct of promotions and advertisements through e-mails and SMS.
The information we collect may be used for assessment, record keeping, market analysis and generation of reports.
Product and Service Development and Improvement
The information collected may also be used to improve our products and services and to develop new ones.
Identification of Location
We collect the IP address, or any of the locational information, provided by the device you use to access our services. These are used to identify the location of the device (i.e., town, city and country), and these are added to all data that are submitted to the system.
IV. IS INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
V. WHEN CAN USERS ACCESS AND EDIT THEIR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We aim to maintain the accuracy of our information. For this purpose, Members may access their own personal information any time and change any inaccuracies they may find by updating their profile. Members may also delete their information from our database by updating their profile or sending us a support ticket to deactivate their account.
VI. HOW IS YOUR INFORMATION SECURED?
If adequate measures are adopted, no one can be held liable for any loss of information and/or data. Though no website or internet transmission is completely secure, we endeavor to protect your information by using secure servers. Sufficient physical and technical methods and procedures are employed to safeguard and secure the information from unauthorized or unlawful processing.
VII. HOW DO THIRD PARTIES ADVERTISE AND USE YOUR INFORMATION?
Our Apps offers listings, chats, forums and/or message boards, as well as links to third-party websites. When you click on these links, you effectively leave our App. We are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you provide to these other websites. We encourage you to read their privacy policies as it may differ from ours.
We also use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Apps. These companies may use information (but NOT your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to our Apps and to other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. However, we do not control such collection of information and we are not responsible for the same. If you would like more information about this practice and know your options, click here.
IX. HOW ARE DISPUTES RESOLVED?
If problems arise, you may contact OLX Philippines by submitting a support ticket to our Help Center. We are committed to resolving disputes as soon as practicable.
- Changes to the system
OLX Philippines may make improvements and/or changes in the contents on this system, or terminate this system, at any time without need of notice to members. OLX Philippines can also modify these rules and policies at any time, and such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified rules and policies. Accordingly, you agree to review the policies periodically, and your continued access and/or use of this system shall be deemed your acceptance of the modified policies.
OLX Philippines reserves any and all rights not expressly stated herein.
- List of OLX.ph Rules Violations
- DUPLICATE ADS
- Posting 2 or more of the same active adverstisement under one Main Category. If the advertisement can be posted to more than one sub-category under a Main Category, one should choose the best category and post it there.
- ADS IN FORUM
- Promoting/Posting their advertisements on the Community Forum as posts or thread topics. Ads should all be posted only on the Main Website.
- UNDELETED SOLD ITEMS
- Sold posted Items/Advertisements should be declared as sold item by clicking the Item Sold button or by simply deleting the ads right after a successful transaction.
- ADS HIJACKING
- Posting messages on other seller's advertisements with the goal of advertizing their own ads.
- SCAM OR ILLEGAL ADS
- Advertisements posted to defraud/scam other registered members. Posting pirated ads and other illegal items are also included.
- STEALING IMAGES
- Using images from other advertisements on their own posted ads.
- COPY/PASTE OTHER MEMBER'S ADS
- Copying any/all of other member's advertisement item details and using them for their own posted ads.
- WRONG CATEGORY TOPIC/ADS
- Advertisements that were posted under an incorrect or inappropriate categories other than where they should be posted. Topics on the community forum are also included.
- MISLEADING INFORMATION IN ADS
- This violation includes, but are not limited to, incorrect pricing, incorrect condition and images unrelated to the advertisement including thumbnails.
- NON-SENSE TOPICS/POSTS OR TOO MUCH EMOTICONS
- This corresponds to Excessive use of Smilies and/or Emoticons. Posting messages and/or topics that are not meant for discussion is also included here.
- DUPLICATE FORUM TOPIC
- Creating topics on the Community Forum which have already been posted or discussed, thus not using the search function before posting.
- USING ALL CAPS IN FORUM TOPIC TITLE/POST
- Creating a topic/post on the community forum using all capital letters. Rule is only applicable for the Community Forum.
- COPY/PASTE ARTICLE NOT WORTHY OF DISCUSSION
- Pertains to posting articles and/or topics copied from the intenet which are not really meant for discussion.
- TEXTSPEAK OR CAMEL-CASE MESSAGES IN FORUM
- Forum posts which are hard to read, like using shotcut or text-speak/SMS messages.
- RUDE/INSULTING POSTS
- Ad message and/or community forum posts which can be considered offensive or out of line, such as making threats as well as using inaapropriate and profane languages.
- PRIVATE MESSAGE SPAM
- Sending unsolicited messages to registered members thru PM with the intention of advertizing their product.
- INAPPROPRIATE FEEDBACK
- A posted feedback, be A positive or negative one, is considered inappropriate if there no transaction has taken place. Every posted feedback should follow the requirements as enumerated on our Feedback Posting Policy.
- OTHER VIOLATIONS
- ADS/ITEMS NOT SUPPORTED OR ALLOWED
- Ads that are referring to Online Gaming account are not allowed.
- Ads referring to the sale and transact of Virtual currencies (ie., PayPal, Bitcoins, eCurrencies, etc) are not allowed.
- Prescription medicines that are sold by individual are not allowed.
- Legal, business, and visa assistance services that are offered/provided by individuals are not allowed.
- Credit card and loan application assistance offered by individuals are not allowed.
- KEYWORD STUFFING
- Loading an advertisement with repetitive keywords and/or meta tags on all posted advertisements.
- IDENTITY THEFT
- Creating A member account using another individual's personal info for the purpose of gaining trust and/or obtaining material and non-material things from others for their own benefit.
- Posting links of other advertisements on only one posted ad.
- MULTIPLE CARS
- Creating an advertisement on the cars' category using a number of cars with different specifications and year model.
- DUPLICATE ACCOUNTS
- Members creating a number of accounts with the intention of spamming the website by posting the same set of ads over and over again on all member accounts.
- NON-DESCRIPTIVE SUBJECT TITLE
- Insufficient description of A posted Ads' title making members wonder what product/service is being offered.
- USING OTHER DIALECTS
- Using other languages other than English and Tagalog.
- AD SPAMMING
- Posting of multiple similar advertisements with the intention of flooding particular site’s categories and search results.
- ADS/ITEMS NOT SUPPORTED OR ALLOWED
- DUPLICATE ADS
- How can you report rules violation?
To report any violation of rules:
- Click the corresponding Report icon located on the member profile, classified ads, classified ads message, private message, or any message posted in the system.
- Complete the form and submit.
- Report a violation only once as multiple reports with regard the same case and/or rule violation shall only hamper the immediate investigation and/or resolution of the matter.
- However, due to OLX Philippines’ rules and policies on privacy, it shall not discuss the results of any investigation that it has conducted, whether it be initiated by OLX Philippines and/or through a report from a member and/or user.
- How can you file a support ticket?
To be able to file a support ticket:
- Click on the "Help" link just beside the Main Search Bar.
- You can also click on the "Need Help?" link which is available on the lower right side of your screen and is available in all pages of our website.
- By doing either of the mentioned steps above, you will then be redirected to our Main Help Page.
- From here, to access the form to submit a support ticket, click on the "Support Ticket" link.
- You will then be redirected to the Support Ticket form.
- Fill up all the required information to submit your inquiry. Be reminded that you can also attach documents which you think would help to make your inquiry/message more clear and easier to understand.
- After completing the form, click the "Send" button to submit your "Support Ticket".